Instructions for Fast Food NAT -
(1) After getting to the MobileNAT, download and you may choose to read the disclaimer, start NAT, or view a shorter set of instructions. To use the program select Start NAT.
(2) You will be presented with an alphabetical list and you should choose the category with the first letter of the fast food restaurant you want to use. For example if you want to look up nutrition information for foods at Taco Bell, you would select the category [ O-U ]. Use the UP and DOWN arrow keys on your phone to highlight the category you want and then select "Go->"
(3) Now you have the list of fast food restaurants in the database that begin with the letters you chose. Select the one you want, again using the arrow keys, and select "Go->" when you have highlighted your choice.
(4) Next you are given a choice among: Entrees, Breakfast foods, Side Dishes, Beverages, and Deserts. You must enter your meal one food at a time, so pick the category of one of the foods you want in your meal, highlight it with the arrow keys and select "Go->".
(5) You are given another list, consisting of (alphabetically) the first ten foods in the category you chose which are sold at the restaurant you chose. For Example, if I had chosen [ A-G ], then Burger King, then Entrees, I would now have a list of ten of the Entrees that Buger King serves. To get more items, scroll down and select [next].
(7) Highlight the food you want and select "Add".
(8) The tool now provides you with a list of ALL the foods you have entered so far and their fat content. You can also view the calories by selecting "Menu" and then pressing 1.
(9) To input another food select "Menu" and then press 3.
(10) To add the rest of your meal, repeat steps 4-9.
(11) If you accidentally added a food you don't want, select it and choose "Remove". When you are done, you may choose "Menu" and then press 2 to erase the entire meal or you may just exit the site.
Instructions for Energy Calculator NAT -
(1) After getting to the Energy Calculator NAT and you will be presented with a list of Types of activity. Choose the category in which you think your activity should be using the arrows on your phone and then select "Next".
(2) You are now presented with three choices (such as light, moderate, and hard). Select the one that indicates your activity. For example, if you were running, you should have chosen "Athletics" and you would now choose "hard" and press "Next".
(3) Now you should be given a place to type in your wieght. Do so using the number pad on your phone.
(4) If you mis-type, use the left-arrow on your phone to backspace. Select "Next" when you are finished.
(5) Again using the keypad, enter the number of minutes you spent doing this activity and select "Calc".
(6) The tool tells you what you typed in and gives an approximate number of calories or Kilo-calories that activity took.
(7) To calculate a different activity, select "Home" and repeat the previous steps.